Brook West Chiropractic Clinic and COVID-19:
- Brook West will remain open for your convenience. Our staff will continue to work diligently to keep the clinic a safe and clean place for your chiropractic care.
- We know you are concerned about this, just as we are. If you have any concerns regarding your care at Brook West Chiropractic Clinic, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Chiropractic is a safe and natural approach to health care.
- It involves no drugs or surgery.
- Chiropractic is a specialized type of health care, which consists of small, precise manual adjustments.
- Chiropractic literally means, to practice with your hands.
Throughout your daily life, your spine is supposed to be able to move around freely without any pain.
- However the bones in your back, called vertebrae, can become misaligned.
- This misalignment is called a subluxation.
- Let’s first look at a normal vertebra and then a subluxated vertebra.
Should we care about subluxations?
- Since every single cell in our body is under the control of the nerves, they must be kept free of abnormal stress.
- When no subluxation is present, proper nerve flow occurs and your body functions normally.
- However if the nerve is irritated, the nervous system does not work properly.
How do you tell if you have a subluxation?
- If you have pain, achy soreness, and tight muscles in your neck and back, you may have subluxations.
- A chiropractor can tell you if you have any subluxations.
- The chiropractor will perform a comprehensive exam.
- This exam will help the doctor locate any subluxations, weak or injured muscles, and any other problems.
Subluxations can be like early cavities, painless and you may not even know you have one, until your doctor explores the area and finds one.
- Also like early cavities, subluxations left unfixed can progress to cause inflammation, pain, and possible serious degeneration problems in the future.
- One would like to have a cavity fixed in it’s earliest stages, before it causes any pain or problems.
- You should feel the same about subluxations in your spine.
- Have them looked at and fixed before you begin noticing them as pain and headaches.
Won’t medicine fix the subluxation, like it fixes the pain?
- Chances are no.
- Medicine is a chemical that covers up pain in the body.
- However pain is a crucial warning sign that something is wrong.
Pain is a sensation created by your body to protect itself from further injury.
- It is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong.
- Most pain is caused by swelling or inflammation, which can be caused by subluxation.
- The inflammation can be reduced with several things.
- First, the pain can be reduced with medications.
So how do we fix the problem?
- We adjust it!
- Adjustments can be given many different ways, on backs, stomachs, or even sitting.
- But they all do the same thing, they remove the problem so proper natural healing can take place.
What does an adjustment look like?
Chiropractic has been around for over 100 years helping people get better. It will continue to help people for many years to come.